HAPPINESS AND THE DIVINE FEMININE -ANCIENT PATH TO BLISS ©
Wendy Batchelor 2012
We are born with a body and soul and Inner Divine Self. We are born with much more than 5 senses, with abilities that lie unused, and potentialities and intelligences that remain untapped, most of which have been forgotten or downgraded in a culture that gives most value to the rational/analytic brain and its power over the material world.
This has led to a gross impoverishment in our living and wellbeing, and the destruction of our natural world. The recipe for happiness and harmony has been lost and many are now looking for it again. The Divine Feminine is re-surfacing to meet this longing. We are re-discovering what we have been missing - our own Inner Divine Self, who we really are and our life’s purpose.
The Divine Feminine is the heart’s intelligence and knowing. The heart does not lie to us. It frees our soul’s wisdom to be our inner compass, and it uplifts our sensory awareness of the world to go beyond the physical, to the essential. It brings appreciation of beauty, creative expression and intuition. It restores depth and meaning to relationship, intimacy and sexuality. It connects.
The Divine Feminine is the body’s intelligence. It brings harmony of feminine and masculine, of right and left brain, balance to heart and mind. It is not necessarily ‘rational’ in the way it functions, it speaks its own language of body sensing, symbols, dreams, intuitions, knowing and wisdom. It is embedded in yoga and its path to Oneness.
The Feminine is the ever-expanding spiral of connection that takes you deep into the heart of healing and expands awareness into other dimensions of our Being. It is Love, the indestructible and eternal energy of the highest vibration that is the connecting unseen thread in the fabric of life and creation.
Would you like to explore and experience the Sacred Feminine for yourself?
Here are some of the ways you can deepen your pleasure and the deeper meaning of life:
- Explore your ‘feminine’ nature and your cycles and rhythms e.g. moon cycles
- Explore the largely under-used ‘feminine brain’ and its 20+ senses that enrich and deepen daily living, creating balance between left and right brain, heart and head, being and doing, intuition and creativity.
- Become aware that the logical left brain does not welcome what it does not know or what does not fit with its computer-like function. Become curious, and be open to what you do not know. Life is meant to be an adventure.
- Honour the heart and its compassionate nature. Celebrate and cherish love wherever you find it.
- Develop your awareness, knowledge and experience of your energy body and what builds and diminishes it e.g. the direct effects of the combined physical, mental and spiritual practices of yoga combined with awareness of energy flow on our health, connection, flow and creativity is synergisitic and exponential in regaining balance and Oneness. Be discriminating of where you put your energy.
- Yoga is a pathway to happiness that values and honours the duality of Sacred Feminine and Sacred Masculine in its philosophy and holistic practices. It balances masculine and feminine in a sacred marriage of energies, that can gently waken all levels of our human being.
- Learn about your 12 chakras and the 12 aspects of you and their harmonic interplay in your life - the 7 chakras that provide a pathway for you to integrate and be at One within yourself and Individual Mind and the next 5 chakras that take us to Group Mind, where as a collective we have greater power and effect to bring harmony and healing to our planet. Come together in groups to share in this Group mind and bring healing, harmony and love to our world.
- Learn about kundalini (the feminine serpent energy of change and transformation) and how it lives in you, the role it plays in your spiritual development and your expression of who you are. Kundalini moving means change, and we learn to recognize that and when it is happening and go with its flow. It should never be forced. Be honest, do you welcome or resist change? Remember the ancient wisdom, ‘what we resist persists’, do you want more of the same? Let go, be curious and allow your soul to guide you.
- Experience ways to connect to your heart’s wisdom and soul’s purpose (e.g. meditation and creativity) and how to recognize the mind’s resistance to this. Cleanse your heart, so you can hear its truth about your life.
- Try capturing your dreams on paper and their messages: journal, draw, paint, dance, sing, write, walk in Nature, make a point of laughing more, step into what waits to be spontaneously known that can never be planned for. Feel the joy this brings. This is self-love and it is Bhakti – the joy of your expression of your life and love.
- Expand your practice of Bhakti (Love in action) as a vehicle for the healing energy of pure love in relationship. Relationship can be spiritual practice to go deeper into love. Pure love is not conditional. When we love in the same way that a rose gives its perfume, without attachment to or judgement of who receives and enjoys it, then we are giving pure unconditional love. We are practicing bhakti.
- Connect with Nature and your own earth awareness, “the invisible life behind the life” that can be felt, the ‘ground’ of your Being. Develop a personal relationship with our Mother the Earth. She will help you remember your path and to develop your senses and intuition and self-knowing.
- Experience your own inner light and presence, what grows it and its relationship to ‘enlightenment’. Your capacity to carry light and bring this light to the world is up to you. How we live grows or diminishes this light. Find out who, what and where supports it and who, what and where doesn’t.
- Create sacred spaces and sacred ceremony and find out how powerful the ancient expression of deep connection in ritual is. It supports your connection to yourself, to others, and to all, and brings a creative awareness of being in the present moment, of healing and expression.
- Go on a sacred journey that takes you out of the old familiar and into new ‘sacred’ places on the earth. You will be amazed at what happens when you step out in faith and with curiosity onto an untrodden path, especially in places that are spiritually powerful and supportive.
- Choose to live in Oneness. Self-study (Gnana) with the intentions of self-love and freedom will remove all separations and disconnections and restore the joy of living.
- Value equally the Masculine and Feminine aspects that underlie all life and its balance.
- Take a few minutes every day to notice beauty, let your eyes rest on it for 15 seconds or longer, let your senses absorb it, gain a ‘felt sense’ of this beauty touching your brain through your eyes. This releases pleasure chemicals from the brain and re-wires it to experiences of pleasure and happiness. Research into the Positive Neuroplasticity of the brain tells us that we are in charge of its re-shaping.
After living all her life in Australia as yoga teacher, counselor and spiritual seeker, Wendy was ‘called’ to a part of France where she now lives, a place she calls the Lap of the Mother. Here she learned more of the ancient knowledge of the Divine Feminine held in the landscape and ancient teachings, much of it obscured by the patriarchal emphasis of most world religions. Her life’s work is now delivering the ‘Message from Great Mother’ that the Sacred Feminine is much needed for our wellbeing and the wellbeing of our planet. She facilitates opportunities and journeys for those who yearn for their own Inner Divine Self and self-discovery of who they are and their life purpose, as grounding for their next step and the next evolutionary step that the Sacred Feminine brings to our world. She incorporates her training in yoga, Hakomi psychotherapy, and ancient wisdoms into her work. She facilitates spiritual journeys in France and Spain, UK, Ireland and Australia. www.walkaboutswithwendy.com